Here’s what I would like to see in a health care system (and I’m pretty sure I’m not alone):
- I want one where I don’t have to worry whether the doctor, hospital or anything else is covered by my insurance.
- I want one where I don’t have to pay the doctor an extra 25% (or whatever it is) because he might have to pay $100 million for some poor soul’s “mental anguish.”
- I want one where my doctor and I determine if and when I need a procedure, not some insurance company rules or government panel.
- I want one where ANY treatment is fairly and accurately tried and tested.
- I want one where the doctor doesn’t feel as though he needs me to take umpteen tests just so he can cover his backside against me suing him.
- I want to be sure I can get insurance, even with my diabetes and high blood pressure.
There are probably more but those will do.
Is it too much to ask? Apparently.